Monday, October 14, 2013

The Third Man


10/14/2013 - Vienna, Austria

After all the trains the last few days, I took a slow day in Vienna. After my chores, my first stop was a park, the Stadtplatz. It had statues of many Viennese musicians that I hadn't seen earlier: Johann Strauss, Schubert, Bruckner. Also, just outside the Stadtplatz, I finally saw Beethoven at Beethovenplatz.

The main event of the afternoon was a themed tour of Vienna. The theme was the famous British film The Third Man. Our guide explained the history of the city, and he pointed out locations from the film. It gave me a better appreciation for the city. Hearing Vienna's history in World War II and the Cold War was another reminder that we live in a time of unprecendented peace and prosperity. 

Pictured: One of the sewers of Vienna, as seen in The Third Man

No comments:

Post a Comment