Monday, October 7, 2013

Currywurst and Restoration


10/5/2013 - Berlin, Germany

Just about anywhere I could go in Berlin, I would encounter some kind of history. At a festival near my hotel, I walked by the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, damaged in World War II and under restoration. Unlike Dresden's once-damaged Frauenkirche, this church still has visible damage from  the war. It was controversial to restore the Frauenkirche, since it stood as a reminder of the war. I'm not sure if they're fulling restoring the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church or not.

Also at the festival, I finally tried currywurst, the big food stand item in Berlin. I wasn't too impressed, but at least I didn't get sick from it.

Pictured: The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, surrounded by a structure to help with restorations. Also, a currywurst stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment