Monday, October 7, 2013

Pursued by Bagpiper


10/6/2013 - Prague, Czech Republic

Prague was described to me as Europe's best kept secret: a beautiful, inexpensive old city with good food, culture, etc. The secret is definitely out; even in October, Prague was swarmed with tourists. Regardless, it's popular for a reason. It really is a beautiful old city. And fortunately, since there's so much to see, I never felt too crowded.

I arrived in the afternoon and walked through the main attractions: Wenceslas Square, the Old Town Square, and the Charles Bridge. I must have been moving at the same pace as one of the wandering street performers, since I saw the same man playing his bagpipes at both the squares. Just before sunset, I reached the Jewish Quarter, then stopped back at the Old Town Square for a Czech dinner.

Pictured: The Spanish Synagogue in Prague's Jewish Quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment