Sunday, October 20, 2013

Palace or Beach


10/19/2013 - Split, Croatia

Split was relaxing after pushing myself through Central Europe. It was one of those days where the big questions are: do I want to get coffee here at the beach, or wait until I get to the palace? I spent most of the day at the palace, chatting with other tourists, getting lost in the ancient streets, and stopping for street food. Dinner was right outside an ancient Temple of Jupiter.

The palace was also alive at night. During my evening visit, I heard live music in the main square before heading to the cafes and bars. This might have been the most self-indulgent day of the trip: nothing to do except go to the beach and get drinks in a 1600 year old palace.

Pictured: Split's waterfront, with the palace at left (behind the palm trees)

No comments:

Post a Comment