Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hundertwasserhaus and KunstHausWien


10/15/2013 - Vienna, Austria

My last day in Vienna, I took an easy day and enjoyed the city's cafe culture. By now, my German is good enough that I could actually order coffee and pay for it in German. That's a payoff from fifth grade or so; I learned how to order coffee in German long before I ever actually wanted to drink coffee. Besides coffee at the art museum, I saw the Ferris wheel from The Third Man at the carnival grounds and checked out the unique apartment building, the Hundertwasserhaus. 

I left Vienna wishing I had more time there. I had planned to visit mostly for the classical music history, but there's much more to the city than that. 

Pictured: The KunstHausWien museum in Vienna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment