Sunday, October 13, 2013

Quirks of Bratislava


10/13/2013 - Bratislava, Slovakia

Bratislava is a quick day trip from Vienna. I had no expectations. I went into the country thinking that I would try to see at least as much of Bratislava as I saw of Luxembourg, and that I could just walk around enjoying the view. So far, Central Europe's fall colors have been pretty impressive.

If I had to put a single word on Slovakia, it would be "quirky." I walked from the train station to the city center across the "UFO bridge." The old town of Slovakia didn't look very old; I guessed that much of it had been redone to look old in the last few years. Throughout the old town, there were odd statues of non-Slovaks: a Napoleonic soldier, Hans Christian Andersen, etc. 

Pictured: Most SNP, the "UFO" bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment