Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two Hikes


7/7/2013 - Marin County, CA

I hiked twice today: through the Marin Headlands, and across the Golden Gate Bridge.

At the farthest point into my Marin Headlands hike, I saw a man, alone, looking out at the ocean through his binoculars. During a break from his viewing, I asked if he could take a photo of me. He said, "Ah, no, I can't, I got into trouble last time I took pictures with someone else's camera." Perhaps unfairly, I assumed that he was a sex offender. I said, "Oh, I understand, well, thank you anyway."

I walked across the Golden Gate Bridge next, and it was much more crowded. I heard cars going by, loud bay winds, and tourists shouting and laughing at each other. I often find tourists to be annoying. On the Golden Gate Bridge, they were endearing.

Maybe I'm just a "city boy," but I preferred the Golden Gate Bridge walk to the hike with the possible sex offender.

Pictured: The Golden Gate Bridge (left) and the Marin Headlands (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment