Thursday, July 11, 2013

Shut the Box


7/6/2013 - San Francisco, CA

Between hostels and bars, I won't have trouble meeting people in the cities I visit. My first night in San Francisco, I met two people at the hostel and took them to an internet-renowned bar down the street.

There was a dice game at the bar called "Shut the Box." I know Shut the Box. To prepare myself for traveling around the world, I learned games of the world. I may regret learning games instead of learning something useful. For example, languages.

I didn't expect to see Shut the Box until I got to the Channel Islands, but here it was in San Francisco. I joined the game and won quite a bit after "shutting the box" twice in three games. I was not invited to a fourth game. If I'm looking for another source of income overseas, I'll have to work on my hustling skills.

Pictured: A bartender picks up the dice to roll against me in Shut the Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment