Thursday, July 11, 2013

Crisis


7/10/2013 - San Francisco, CA

I had planned to visit Yosemite this day, but my tour bus failed to pick me up. I suddenly had a whole day with no plans. I considered this a crisis. I'm clearly not on vacation mode yet.

I skipped to my plan for the next day: San Francisco's hippie Mecca, Haight-Ashbury. My first instinct was to find a bus schedule, but thankfully I had enough good sense to walk. I walked through the Palace of Fine Arts, the Presidio, San Francisco University, and finally Haight-Ashbury. It was all very lovely. 

In the afternoon, I watched sea lions diving and surfacing in San Francisco Bay. I read under a tree. I even read Longfellow's poetry; I can't remember the last time I read poetry. Crisis averted.

Pictured: View of San Francisco homes through the woods in the Presidio

No comments:

Post a Comment