Monday, July 1, 2013

Leaving

6/29/2013 - Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL


"At last, with a touch of headache from an eve-of-departure party, I got out of bed on the great day, put on my new kit and tramped south-west under a lowering sky. I felt preternaturally light, as though I were already away and floating like a djinn escaped from its flask through the dazzling middle air while Europe unfolded." - Patrick Leigh Fermor, A Time of Gifts

I thought about just quoting Fermor in this blog instead of actually writing my own posts. I knew that light feeling once I got to the airport.

I had good send-offs in Columbus, Chicago, and Milwaukee before I left on my trip. The morning I left, I had an epic breakfast with my parents in Milwaukee: grits & eggs, coffee, coconut pie from Honey Pie, and toast with my aunt's strawberry and rhubarb jam. My last taste of the midwest was the guacamole from the Frontera restaurant in O'Hare. Then I was off to Seattle!

Pictured: At O'Hare. I've got a backpack and a duffel bag, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment