Saturday, July 27, 2013

Soba at the Brewery


7/25/2013 - Naka, Japan

Our first stop in Japan was Kiuchi Brewery in Naka. When we arrived, our tour guide drove us from the sake brewery to the beer brewery. In typical Japanese fashion, we had to wear special shoes to keep the floor clean, and we rinsed the bottom of them every time we entered a new building. 

We tried their latest beer, flavored with a citrus fruit called "daidai." We ate soba, a very healthy and tasty noodle dish. I will dine well in Japan: I am with two friends who really know how to eat and drink. I've already found that I prefer Japanese food in Japan to Japanese food in America. This might seem obvious, but it isn't always like that. I think I prefer Chinese food in America to Chinese food in China, for example.

Pictured: Kiuchi Brewery's main building in Naka, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment