Sunday, July 7, 2013

Travel As a Game


7/2/2013 - Portland, OR

Foursquare has introduced some badges specific to cities: since I visited enough recommended places Portland, I got the Portland Foursquare badge. I have mixed feelings about doing this: it makes my travel a bit less spontaneous, since I'm visiting the places that Foursquare considers interesting. On the other hand, they're places I'd generally visit anyway.

It also doesn't take too much time: I got the Portland Badge within 24 hours of being in Portland by checking in to Powell's, Deschutes Brewery, Ground Kontrol arcade, Voodoo Doughnut, and the Portlandia statue. That's a good 24 hours.

For a perspective on travel as a game, check out this article

Pictured: My score on Dr. Mario at Ground Kontrol, the arcade bar in Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment