Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thames Walk


9/3/2013 - London

At the Tate Modern, I enjoyed the artwork of Monet and cast a skeptical eye at Mark Rothko. About an hour later, I was at the Bank of England, lifting a bar of solid gold and reading exhibits such as "What is quantitative easing?" Not more than two hours after that, I was listening to a Beefeater explain the gory details of historic executions at the Tower of London. 

After leaving the Tower, I walked along the Thames, trying to make sense of seeing the Tate Modern, Bank of England, and Tower of London all in the same day. Geographically, they're very close, but they work such different parts of the brain. Will I always associate the Tower of London's Crown Jewels with quantitative easing and Mark Rothko? Trying not to over think things, I stopped at a movie theater in Leicester Square and saw The World's End. It was pretty funny.

Pictured: The River Thames, with the Tower of London at right.

No comments:

Post a Comment