Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Royal Residence


9/9/2013 - Windsor, UK

Windsor Castle is an easy day trip from London. It's a good tour. The castle walk starts with the fortress-like exterior, goes deeper into the government rooms and residence, and ends with the chapel where monarchs like Henry VIII are buried. It makes you feel like a diplomatic guest to Queen Victoria 150 years ago.

For all the wealth and opulence (and there's a lot of it, I am doing a disservice by glancing over it with a single phrase), it was still just a residence. I guess I would have expected that the most powerful person on the planet would have some sort of secret in their home that I would want to bring into my own home. But there wasn't. It was just extremely wealthy.

Pictured: The Windsor Castle quadrangle

No comments:

Post a Comment