Sunday, September 15, 2013

Casually Stylish


9/15/2013 - Boscombe, UK

I've gotten better at reading between the lines on guidebooks. In Istanbul's airport, I read through Lonely Planet Eastern United States to compare how the books describe places I am familiar with. The books describes Milwaukee: "Here's the thing about Milwaukee: it's cool, but for some reason everyone refuses to admit it." 

I scheduled myself a few days between London and Guernsey to relax and do nothing. Boscombe, near Bournemouth, seemed a good location. It's a beach town catering to the vacationing English (clearly, I arrived at the off season). My guide book calls my hotel in Boscombe, "casually stylish." For dinner, I walked to a Bournemouth pub/diner: a burger, homemade fries, and a trendy foreign beer (Chicago's Goose Island 312). A good day, if somewhat low-key.

Pictured: Boscombe Pier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment