Friday, August 9, 2013

Welcome to Europe


8/9/2013 - Istanbul, Turkey

A great tourist day. I walked from my hotel in the Old City across the Galata Bridge to the Istanbul Modern art museum. I went to a couple bookstores, walked through Asmali Mescat, got lunch, saw Galata Tower, viewed the city from a hotel rooftop, and took the long way back to the Old City.

Istanbul was full of people; I had to check to make sure it wasn't still an Eid festival (it wasn't). Every time I turned a corner, there was a new impressive crowd, building, street, or panoramic view.

I was worried that I would be unimpressed by Istanbul after how much I enjoyed Japan. Instead, it might become one of my favorite cities. I am getting very excited about my plans for Europe.

Pictured: View from the Istanbul Modern art museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment