Thursday, August 22, 2013

Destination Mermaid


8/22/2013 - Copenhagen, Denmark

I arrived in Copenhagen just early enough for a walk from my hostel downtown to the famous Little Mermaid statue, and back. I knew the statue istelf might be underwhelming, but looking at the map, I thought that the 45-minute walk through Copenhagen would provide its own interesting sights.

It was a pleasant walk. Copenhagen is quiet and peaceful. Along the way, I saw some of the city's main parks, shopping areas, and historical sights. I saw a sand sculpture festival on a beach. That's really what I was hoping for from my Europe trip: not much rushing to important destinations, but seeing things along the way.

Pictured: Sunset while walking back to the hostel in downtown Copenhagen.

No comments:

Post a Comment