Monday, August 19, 2013

Taksim Farewells


8/18/2013 - Istanbul, Turkey

My last day with a tour group on this trip. It was full: Gallipoli, Hagia Sofia, Istanbul's Spice Bazaar, Taksim Square, and a celebratory dinner.

I haven't written much about food, but that's just because I'm not very good at writing about it. My food has been good through pretty much the entire trip. It is easy to find good recommendations, either from word of mouth, Wikitravel, hotel staff, guide books, or other sources. Just today, we visited a "wet burger" place by Taksim Square that was featured on TV personality Anthony Bourdain's show. Still in the mood for burgers, a New Yorker with us demanded that we try Istanbul's Shake Shack (the only American food he ate on the tour). After dinner, we split the bottle of quince wine that we picked up in Selçuk.

Sad to see the tour group split up; I will be traveling alone for a while now.

Pictured: View from Taksim Square at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment