Thursday, August 8, 2013

Russian Layover


8/8/2013 - Moscow, Russia

My 6 hour layover in Moscow was the worst part of my trip. I have nothing good to say about it.

On the plus side, I had entertaining company for my 10 hour flight to Moscow. I sat next to two 20-something Russian girls, who must think the English language is hilarious. They laughed and repeated just about any English they heard. "Fasten your seatbelts ha ha ha!" "Welcome to Moscow ha ha ha!" I laughed after overhearing one of their conversations:

Girl A: [speaking Russian]
Girl B: [speaking Russian]
Girl A: [in perfect English] "One day, I will return to Russia and find a bride." Ha ha ha!
Girl B: Ha ha ha! [continues speaking Russian] Ha ha ha!
Girl A: Ha ha ha!

Pictured: One of many duty-free stores in the Sheremetyevo International Airport (SVO).

No comments:

Post a Comment