Saturday, August 24, 2013

Among Giants


8/24/2013 - Stockholm, Sweden

My main destination in Stockholm was the Nobel Museum. It was as inspiring as I hoped it would be: honors to the Nobel laureates that I knew and introductions to impressive people that were unfamiliar. Each laureate that I read about could have their own museum dedicated to them: Nelson Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, Watson & Crick, Marie Curie, etc.

After walking through the hall of political and intellectual powerhouses, I stumbled onto the Vattenfall World Triathlon going past the Royal Palace. It made sense that, after the awesome people in the Nobel Museum, I'd see awesome athletes on the streets of Stockholm. Even the random people in the city seem casually beautiful, athletic, wealthy, brilliant, and friendly. I saw humanity at its best.

Pictured: View of the triathlon in Stockholm

1 comment: