Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bookquest: Oslo, Norway

8/26/2013 - Tronsmo Bøker & Tegneserier


Tramp by Tomas Espedal

Tramp is about walking around the world. It is the fourth book in a row that I've picked up with  traveling as its subject. Again, I went with a staff member's recommendation. Reading the description, it sounds like a combination On the Road and A Time of Gifts, but with more poetry, less drugs, and Norwegian.

Tronsmo is a nice "alternative" style bookstore, described by Allen Ginsberg as "the best bookshop in the world." I don't know if I'd go that far, but it certainly had a good selection. The staff had a few good recommendations, including some books written by a former employee. It is also the first bookstore in a while where I haven't been greeted by Sheryl Sandberg's smiling Lean In and Dan Brown's latest novel, Inferno.

No comments:

Post a Comment