Friday, November 8, 2013

Gaudi Town


11/5/2013 - Barcelona, Spain

After yesterday's Park Güell, I saw two more places designed by Gaudi. The first was La Pedrera, an apartment building designed by the Spanish architect. Its rooftop is pretty remarkable. Like much of yesterday's park, it has a very curved and modernist design. The second place I visited, Sagrada Familia, was outstanding and a highlight of the trip. I didn't know what to expect: a friend from my tour group in Turkey gave it her highest recommendation, and I went without reading any descriptions of it. It was nice to go in blind, it made it all the more interesting when I arrived.

In the afternoon, I visited a post office to ship some of my bookquest books back home. I finally had a chance to use my Spanish, translating for a girl from Singapore who needed to know if she needed air mail stamps to mail something home from Barcelona. Later I took a stroll down La Rambla to the beach and around the park of Barceloneta.

Pictured: A glimpse between two chimneys on La Pedrera's rooftop

No comments:

Post a Comment