Friday, November 8, 2013

Bookquest: Barcelona, Spain

11/5/2013 - BCN Books


No Word from Gurb by Eduardo Mendoza

I picked up No Word from Gurb. The back cover made it sound like a silly story about aliens in Barcelona. Later in the day, a local saw that I was carrying the book and asked me, "Is that Eduardo Mendoza in English?" I said yes, and he said "That's one of my favorite books. I didn't know it was translated into English." He told me it was like Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Sounds promising.

The bookstore, BCN, had a good, up-to-date selection of contemporary and classic fiction. I'm not sure how large their selection of Spanish books translated into English is. They were included among the rest of the fiction, so I had to look for Spanish-sounding names. I scanned a few others before picking up No Word from Gurb, so it's probably a pretty decent selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment