Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bookquest: Milwaukee, WI

11/22/2013 - Boswell Book Company


Heroes in the Night by Tea Krulos

I found Heroes in the Night at Boswell. It's by a Milwaukee author, and it's about "real life superheroes." I like reading about strange subcultures (see also, my book from Portland). 

I hadn't been to Boswell before, even though I grew up in Milwaukee. I'd typically go to the Barnes & Noble by Southridge Mall or in Mayfair Mall, or the Half-Price Books by Southridge. I wanted to see a Milwaukee touristy bookstore (if there was such as thing), and Boswell held up. It had a few good local sections: one featuring local authors, and another featuring local history. The rest of the store had plenty of good options too. I was tempted to get Stephen King's 11/22/63 since it was exactly 50 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment