Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Banks and Broadway


11/18/2013 - New York City

My first stop in New York was Times Square. It was a practical stop: I needed to find a place to buy a new phone. I got a bagel and a phone, downloaded my favorite New York album, and listened to it as I walked through Manhattan. I passed familiar sights: Rockefeller Plaza, the Empire State Building, and the New York Public Library. I felt at home. 

I met a few friends from Chicago who had moved to New York. For lunch, I met a friend from college outside of his investment bank and had my second bagel of the day. In the evening, I met a friend who works at an off-broadway show. I saw the show, met her backstage, and we made it out in the city. A good team to welcome me back to the U.S.!

Pictured: The Empire State Building

No comments:

Post a Comment